Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tunick tribute with nudes in Manchester

Check out this BBC News video



1000 strip off in Tunick tribute to Lowry





"Strange Random Nude Quote:
I was asked about doing a nude shoot for men’s magazine GQ. I thought it was the funniest thing I’d ever heard. - Julie Walters"
All volunteers have stripped naked for a public photo shoot marking the 10th anniversary of the Lowry art gallery in Salford.


Naked volunteers pose for artist Spencer Tunick


Tunick, 43, was at the centre of the project, roaring instructions at his participants – who had nothing to protect their modesty – using a microphone.

He asked them to perform a series of poses – ranging from freezes to jumping up and down – before capturing their images.

Speaking at the Peel Park event, he said: "Hopefully it was enjoyable for the participants. I think it went really well. We had a wonderful morning of making artwork around Salford and Manchester.

"I feel like I didn't miss anything – I'm not looking back thinking I missed this or that. The people were here to make interesting artwork to reflect Lowry's paintings – they weren't here to spread a message about nudity."


























No comments:

Post a Comment